Homemade Lemon Scented Dishwasher Tabs




Hey guys!  Today I realized I had one, yes one, dishwasher tab left from the batch I made about a month ago.  Wait, hold up, yes I said I make my dishwasher tabs.   Why do I make them you ask? Well, first off I know what is in them, they smell good, and they are cheap.

LEMON DISHWASHER TABS

1 Cup Super Washing Soda
1 Cup Baking Soda
1 Cup Borax (if you want leave this out but use less water)
1/2 Cup Sea Salt or Epsom Salt
3/4 Cup Water
30 drops Lemon Essential Oil
Yellow food coloring (optional)

A mold of your choice (I use silicone ice cube trays similar to these, these would be good too)

1. In a glass bowl mix dry ingredients.

2. Mix water, lemon essential oil and food coloring, if desired.  The reason I add the food coloring is because I make laundry tabs too.

3.  Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together, I used a fork, until well blended. The mixture should feel like wet sand.

5. Fill your mold spaces with about a tablespoon of mixture, press in tight.  The space in the molds I used were about a tablespoon so I just filled them up making sure to press the mixture tightly into them.  Let dry for several hours or over night.

6.  Remove from mold and place in storage container.



Comments

Popular Posts